Thursday, April 29, 2010

Summary Final Post

As an answer to item 1, I would have to say there are many things I have learned in this class that I will take with me. Number one being Google Docs. I know this is something I will continue to use in my career and personal life. I will continue to use Twitter as part of my PLN and my professional blog. I really enjoy using Picassa and Audacity, though I know there is more I can learn about these programs. I have already been using iTunes before this class and will continue, but will now add iTunes U to the palette. I'm sure when I have my own class I will upload videos to youTube. I definitely plan on having a class blog. I plan on my students commenting on other class blogs. Yes, most of the tools learned in this class will be utilized in the future or will be continued.
For number 2. When asked if there was anything we wanted to learn but didn't, I personally can not think of anything. I was overwhelmed with what we already had to learn.
Number 3. I don't believe there is anything that I haven't learned that I don't plan on using at all in the future. Probably the only tool I can think of that I may not use much of is Wiki's unless my class creates their own backed by reliable resources.
For number 4. In some aspects, portions of the class excited me while other times I was overwhelmed. I really enjoyed the video's and presentation projects.
Number 5. Intellectually challenging? Yes, probably reading other teacher blogs and having to comment on them. You definitely have to think about how to comment and not just comment in a lame manner.
Number 6. We really didn't have time to be bored. If there was boredom, I would have to say it got boring to write in your blog every week. Some posts I found boring.
Number 7. Change the course? Hmmm...not sure how to answer that one. Maybe give a break on the weekly blogposts? Would love to see a few more demonstrations in class on some of the tougher programs to post. For example, on posting Google Earth tours and maybe editing programs for videos.
Number 8. Yes, I believe I am technologically literate from a medium to good extent. Not great but good. I feel I can learn any of the tools and programs with a little reading and hands on experimentation. I feel I have to just jump in and try it out. The more practice, the better you get.
Number 9. I guess I would have to look back on number 8. I will just have to continue reading and researching on the internet to stay up to date on new technology. Continue practicing and becoming more proficient in the tools that I have already learned. I think you also have to have an interest in it to continue your learning. I'm always looking for new ideas and new programs to try out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much for wikis either!

    And Google Earth still has some kinks that need to be worked out. But there is great potential there! It will soon be fully incorporated into Chrome and Firefox I am told.. When that happens it should be much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra good luck in your future teaching career. It has been a pleasure having you in my class this semester.

    ReplyDelete