Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11, 2010

My Presentation - An Introduction to Google Docs
I chose to prepare a Google presentation introducing Google Docs. It is a basic introduction to Google Docs specifically geared toward teachers, although just about any audience could benefit from it. I specify how to get started with Google Docs and I demonstrate some of its features. I tried to be as specific as possible in my directions, as it is for the beginner.
Here is the link to An Introduction to Google Docs.

Why is it Important to Post Student Work on Blogs?
The motivation alone is enough reason to post student work on blogs, not to mention inspiring. They take more pride in their work when they know friends, family and the world can view their work. It can also inspire them to become more creative in projects that would be published on the internet. The comments students receive can also motivate future projects.
Just look at the video of the students at PS22 singing Landslide. My gosh! It got them invited to perform at a Fleetwood Mac concert! Teachers have commented on my blog on how appreciative they are that we are commenting on their student blogs. They've also commented on how excited students are on publishing work online for authentic audiences. The proof is there. Just look at the comments from students work published online. If more teachers would realize what's happening they would more than likely climb on board for their own classroom blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment