Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 25, 2010

Wordle: Two questions
A Reflection on Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
The video, Two Questions That Can Change Your Life by Daniel Pink was a pretty good motivational video that makes you definitely think about the two questions. What's my sentence? Was I better today than yesterday? What's my sentence? is a question I would have to really ponder over. I think it would have something to do with students achieving success through my teaching. I feel all students can achieve, for I have seen it in the classes that I have taught in the past. As far as the question, Was I better today than yesterday?, it's a great question to ask yourself everyday. Would I ask myself that question everyday? I would probably have to frame it on a wall in my room for awhile until I was accustomed to asking myself if I was better today than yesterday. It would give you something to think about on a daily basis, a reflection on what you've done yesterday verses today. It is something to think about. I think if everyone actually reflected on that question everyday there would possibly be better people in this world (better, in this instance could be defined in any way, for example: morals, values, productivity, teaching, learning, giving, etc.).

A Seventh Grader's PLE

All I can say is, wow! What a well organized PLE. This student has it all worked out. She can take pride in creating the work that she has published online. Like she said it's not like reading and looking at the pictures in a science book. She has created her own learning environment. I am very much impressed, especially the fact that she is only in 7th grade.
I don't think there is much comparison in my PLE to hers. Mine is not quite as organized as hers. I noticed she uses something called Symbalo. I would like to learn more about this. It looks like a very good organizational tool to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment