Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18, 2010 Week 14

April 18, 2010
Wordle: Blogging

If All Teachers Had Classroom Blogs
What if it were mandatory for all teachers to create and keep up their own blog for their classroom? In this blog would be weekly news, student work, teacher news, homework information, pictures and video. It could be a one stop place for parents and students to find just about anything they wanted to know about their classroom. Students could view and share their work and projects with their parents, students and other people around the world. Student writings are shared or even collaborated with other students virtually anywhere.
Just think about it for a bit. If it's mandatory, then all teachers will have to learn to use the internet and new tools for the internet. Think of the networking and learning that would take place, not just
with the students but the teachers, too. What would it be like? Can you just imagine? What do you think if all teachers had to create and maintain a classroom blog? I wonder what the perfect classroom blog would be like? Please comment.


Comments4kids Week 13 and 14

Week 13 I commented on a student named Silas at Pt England School Rm 14. He made a Hyperstudio presentation called My Waka Adventure Animation. I commented on what a good job he did and how exciting it was to learn a new program.
For Week 14, I was assigned to comment on the teachers entry at Mrs. Cassidy's Classroom Blog. I commented on a Christmas video she had made of the students singing a Christmas song with instruments. I commented on how wonderful it was to have a video for parents to look back on of their child. I was surprised that not more comments were made by parents to this video. I also stated how nice it would have been to have something like this when my child was younger.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sandra! I think that would be a great idea for all teachers! From a student's perspective I would love to be able to keep up with a class from information on a blog. I plan on doing this for my students one day. What a great tool to have!

    ReplyDelete