Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Summary of Comments4Teachers

Comments For Teachers
Aaron Eyler - Synthesizing Education

I commented on Aaron Eyler's blog, Synthesizing Education. Mr. Eyler is a high school History teacher with a masters in Educational Administration and Leadership.
I found Mr. Eyler's writing to be up front and honest on his feelings of the educational system and technology as a whole. It is refreshing to read his blog, as he doesn't hold back on his thoughts. He may apologize at times but he speaks his true feelings.
I first commented on his blog titled, "Implications of the Transition from a Backpack Culture to a Laptop Culture" where he wrote on advocating more field experiences rather than virtual trips replacing actual field trips. I agreed, although, I felt virtual trips would raise curiosity for the actual trip.
My second comment was on "School as a Facilitator to Success". Mr. Eyler wrote of placing more emphasis on students being entrepreneurs and "tinkering with business ideas of future professions" while still in school. I commented on, also, guiding students on making a budget, saving money and using real life skills so as to comprehend the usefulness of what they are learning.
"The Need It Now Generation" was my third comment on Mr. Eyler's blog. He wrote of kids being in the "need it now" society and how they are utilizing the tools available to them. He wrote we shouldn't blame the kids as adults created the tools they use such as Facebook, Twitter, email and other social networking sites. He stated that we should "find ways to utilize the tools effectively in education rather than try to resist." I totally agree with him. It is time educators climb on board and accept the inevitable. Technology is here to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment