Sunday, March 28, 2010

Comments4Kids Week 10


I commented on a student named Carly on Mrs. Kolbert's Class Blog. Carly's blog was a report on the country of Djibouti. I found it interesting. I let her know I had never heard of the country. I looked it up online to view a map of it's location and found more information on it. The information I found was on the CIA fact page. I passed this link on to Carly in my comment.
I only wish I knew what grade and where the school is located. I searched around on the blog and couldn't find any information. Maybe I just didn't look in the correct place. Would like to know what grade level this blog is on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks for commenting on Carly's blog. She will be very excited. The students are learning so much from having their own blogs and writing for authentic audiences. They've discovered already the big difference from writing just for the teacher and for a grade and writing for the public world. We are located in South Florida and the students are in 4th grade. Thank you for not asking Carly those questions. I work very hard with the students to teach them not to post any personally identifying information about themselves on the Internet. You can read more about our class at our class blog here: http://weblogs.pbspaces.com/mrskolbert/

    Thanks again for your comment and best of luck to you.

    Lee Kolbert

    ReplyDelete